Radlett Squash is alive and well. We welcome players of all abilities and have a very wide range of members from beginners, through experienced team players, all the way to top professionals. There are plenty of opportunities at every level.
We boast 4 glass-back squash courts that are among the very best in the region, making us the club of choice for most of the recent Hertfordshire County Closed Championships, as well as Inter-County Weekends and many Junior Tournaments.
Whilst COVID-19 restrictions have limited some of the above activities in the past we are now back to business as usual but continue to work within the England Squash Guidelines to keep members and the wider community safe.
For all things squash, please contact the RLTSC Office.
Our program for members is very active with:
- Social Squash (“Club Night”) on Monday and Friday evenings
- Racketball Social on Tuesday evening
- Box Leagues for both Squash and Racketball (Squash 57)
- Team Squash (in Herts and Middx Leagues)
- Individual and Group Coaching, including Team Training
- Junior Squash sessions – follow link for details
- Regular club events (eg Handicap Tournaments, Internal Team Tournaments) including the Annual Club Championships
- Please also see our useful links
All our coaches are qualified England Squash Coaches with active certificates in First Aid and Safeguarding; they are all DBS-checked. For general squash coaching enquiries please contact the RLTSC Office, or for a specific coach please use the contact details below.
Middlesex County Champion (2019)
- RLTSC 1st Team Captain
- Level 2 England Squash Coach
- 10 years of coaching experience
- Level 3 Personal Trainer
Lee started playing squash from a very young age, picking up a racket from the age of just 4. As a junior he was Middlesex County Champion for 7 consecutive years and a part of the Hertfordshire Junior County Team that were National Champions for 3 years’ running. Lee also played for the East England Region and reached the top 10 in the England Squash Junior Rankings.
For enquiries or any questions please contact Lee on:
Portuguese National Champion (8 times)
- Current PSA World Ranked #72 (HWR #71)
- World Squash Federation (WSF) Coaching Level 3
- BSc Sports Science Degree
- Experience coaching all levels and age group
Rui has been coaching squash for over 7 years alongside his professional squash career. As a squash coach, he has worked with clients from different levels (from beginners starting to play squash to advanced players trying to improve their level) and age groups.
He is currently ranked 72 in the world and has been the Portuguese National Champion 8 times. Rui represents Portugal in International competitions since 2011 and has over 30 International Caps.
For enquiries or any questions please contact Rui on:
07851 802267 or email@example.com
- Ex-professional, PSA HWR #78
- Represented England at Over 35 and Over 40 age groups
- Level 2 England Squash Coach
- Coached the Dutch National Team
- Coached professional squash players
- Coached 43 Middlesex Junior Champions
“Coaching should be fun and educational, treat each player as an individual to help them reach their potential”
Jago is an ex-professional squash player reaching a highest PSA World Ranking of 78, with 4 PSA, 2 PSL and 8 Middlesex County Closed titles. At Over 35 level he reached the World Open semi final, 2 British Open semi finals, 2 British Closed semi finals and has represented England at both Over 35 and Over 40 level.
For group or individual sessions call 07882471692 or email Jago.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Former Guyana No 1 and Southern Caribbean Champion
- Commonwealth Games Participant, Malaysia 1998
- Pan American Games Doubles Bronze Medallist, El Salvador 2002
- Represented Finchley Manor Ladies, RLTSC, Hertfordshire and Middlesex County Teams
- Level 2 England Squash Coach (ID: ES0501322)
I’m an empathic and personable Level 2 England Squash Qualified Coach. My approach is to provide relaxed, light-hearted coaching sessions from ages 4 and up, to help you reach your squash playing goals. For most children ages 4-7, I’ll focus on squash fundamentals to help your child develop the skills suitable for a lifetime of sport! Sessions can include attendance at one competitive game for player analysis and goal-setting plan. Here to help you develop your very best squash playing ability!
For enquiries or any questions please contact Jillian on:
07988342950 (text best) or email email@example.com with Coaching Request in the Subject Line
- Winner of over 20 Herts Club Championships
- Herts County Champion several times
- 2-time winner of Great Britain Vets Championships
- Level 3 England Squash Coach
- Wide range of experience coaching all ages and abilities
Can You Improve Your Game? Yes all ages and abilities can improve. Find out that missing “something” and how to gain the advantage over your opponent. Using his extensive experience Derek will quickly assess your game and help plan your improvement programme.
Contact Derek 07887 560601
- Level 2 England Squash Coach
- 7 Years’ coaching experience
- Coach at Harrow Leisure – Minis, Juniors and Adults
- RLTSC Junior Squash coach
- Previously Head Coach and Team Manager Middx Girls U11-U19
- Previously Head Coach David Lloyd Sudbury Hill
- England Squash “Squash 101” representative
Patricia discovered her passion for squash in Ireland starting off as a junior at her local club and reached County Level U19. She continues to compete in local and national tournaments and currently plays for Nuffield Ladies in the Middlesex League and Mens Division 6 at Harrow Leisure Centre.
“I believe that every person I coach can achieve their potential with the right advice and direction. I deliver my sessions in a fun and relaxed environment to encourage learning and enjoyment of the game.”
Contact Patricia on 07531 810792, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Box Leagues – Adults
The club runs very popular internal Squash and Racketball Box Leagues, free to everyone.
They operate on a broadly monthly basis for adults of all abilities and juniors at the discretion of the Squash Committee, typically with 5 people per league operating on a 5 or 6-week cycle. If you would like to be added please contact Siamak Khorgami.
In the 2019/2020 Herts Winter League we ran five teams in total, with one in each of Divisions 1, 3 and 4 and two teams in Division 5. There was some great squash played at every level and helped by some strong support at home matches we managed to win Division 3 and gain promotion in Divisions 4 and 5.
We expect to enter at least one team in each of the five divisions next season.
Additionally, we usually run a Middlesex Vintage and/or Vets Team – in 2019/2020 it was a Vintage Team in Division 1.
Over the summer we run 1 or 2 teams for those interested in playing competitive squash in the off-season. In 2019 we managed to win Herts Division 1.
We run active coach-led training sessions every Wednesday and Sunday evening as well as internal practice matches.
If you would like to be considered for the teams please contact David Rawlings.
To enquire about Team Training sessions, please contact Lee
- Jamie Gall 07803 333706
- James Ockwell 07956 544 631
- Derek Thorpe 07887 560601
Useful Squash Links
England Squash https://www.englandsquash.com/
Herts County Squash https://hertssquash.co.uk/
Middlesex Squash http://www.middlesexsra.com/
Player Rankings https://www.squashlevels.com/home.php
PSA Squash TV (free) https://www.youtube.com/user/psasquashtv
PSA Squash TV (subscription) https://psaworldtour.com/tv
Coaching Resource (subscription) https://squashskills.com/
Rules and Marksheets
Squash and Racketball Equipment for Purchase or Hire
Squash balls and grips are available to buy from the RLTSC bar.
Racketball/Squash 57 rackets and balls can be borrowed from the club – please speak to the Office to arrange.
Questions about squash
Be in touch if you have any questions or would like to get involved on our teams!
Radlett Lawn Tennis & Squash Club
425 Watling Street
Radlett, Hertfordshire WD7 7JG
01923 854 523
Registered Charity No. 1117605
Social Squash – adults
Social Squash and Racketball sessions run every Monday and Friday from 6.45pm. They are friendly relaxed sessions that are open to all and attended by players of all levels, from beginners to team players.
There will be a coach on-hand to organise the games and offer advice as appropriate, for those who want it, but the emphasis is on having some fun matches with different players – it’s a great way to meet other members, especially if you are new to the club or thinking of joining.